Mr. Sealander has successfully bridged the design and construction fields through a number of diverse job roles. He has a Master of Architecture degree from Columbia University, over ten years experience as a carpenter, and is an accomplished designer. He was born on Cape Cod (Otis Air Force Base), grew up in Westport, CT, majored in religious studies at Wesleyan University, and spent nine years working in design and construction in the San Francisco Bay Area. Sealander is a Maine Licensed Architect and has designed laboratory, K-12, college, governmental and residential projects.
Sealander is adept in Revit (Building Information Modeling), 3d Studio Max, BEopt (energy modeling), DIALux (lighting analysis), and is currently taking on MS Access.
- Director of the SF Construction Specifications Institute, 1996-2000
- Black belt, Yun Mu Kwan
- Chair of the SFAIA Committee on the Environment, 1995
- Member of the CAD Managers Committee of the San Francisco AutoCAD Users Group, 1995-2000
- President of the Blue Hill Peninsula Chamber of Commerce, 2005-2006
- Recording secretary of the Brooklin Planning Board, 2004-2005
- President of the Downtown Ellsworth Association, 2010-2011
- President of the Ellsworth Noontime Rotary, 2012
- Current member of the Brooklin School Committee,
- Current chair of the Union 76 Board.
- Graduate of the Maine Development Foundation’s 2015 Chi Class of Leadership Maine.